JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
· Makes electrical, plumbing, and general repairs to buildings as well as troubleshooting and repairing electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical machinery and equipment throughout the facility.
- Diagnoses and remedies electrical or electronic troubles and repairs and replaces equipment as needed.
- Conducts fabrication maintenance.
- Must be able to obtain a forklift operator’s license and safely operate a forklift.
- Cuts and joins metal parts using a variety of techniques.
- Welds and cuts all types of material using electric arc, oxyacetylene, or other welding techniques in horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Must maintain tools provided by the company and furnish own tools to function properly in this classification.
- Enters equipment records, data, and notes into computerized maintenance management system.
- Ability to read drawings, troubleshoot, and make repairs independently.
- Ability and willingness to perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma and minimum of three years of relative work experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have basic knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical machinery. Must be able to use and interpret technical drawings, prints, and schematics (electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, etc.) as well as verbal instructions
- Must be able to functionally (and safely) troubleshoot and repair AC and DC, controls, devices, and machines. Must possess a basic knowledge of CNC controls, functions, and operation as well as a basic knowledge of DC and AC drives
- Must have skills needed to do fabrication, maintenance, joining, and cutting of ferrous and nonferrous metal parts and structures using a variety of techniques
- Must know how to weld and cut all types of material using electric arc, oxyacetylene, or other welding techniques in horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions
- Ability to work at other facilities, weekends, other shifts and to be on call
- Ability to read a tape measure, do basic mathematical calculations, and use a calculator
- Ability to learn production operations
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift 75 pounds
- Ability to twist, bend, and reach to perform job duties
- Ability to work while being exposed to outside weather conditions
- Be detailed and customer oriented
- Consistently exhibits and displays the company’s values of “Own It. Can Do. Act in Love.”
- Own It – Commitment to customer, the company, and each other
- Can Do – Pursuing continuous improvement
- Act in Love – Treating others with humility, respectfulness, kindness, honesty, patience, and self-control
- This is a safety sensitive position