Hartford's Hometown Christmas Parade Registration Form
DECEMBER 5, 2021 Theme: “Twinkling Lights & Frosty Nights”
Parade starts at 5:30 pm
Sign-in is from 4:15 pm – 5:15 pm
Pre-register by 5:00 pm on December 5, 2020. Pre-registration is NOT required.
Rules of Parade Float Participation
1. Entry forms and descriptions should be turned in to Hartford Building Center or emailed to email@example.com by 5:00 pm on December 3, 2021. Registrations can also be submitted online on the Chamber Website. https://www.hartfordsdchamber.org/htc-parade (Registrations will be accepted the day of the event, but it is preferred to have preregistered participants.)
2. At least one walker should accompany every entry. The walker must serve as a pacer for the float.
3. NO entry may include a live Santa Claus. Santa will be featured on his own float.
4. All entries must be well-lit for evening viewing, using white and/or colored lights.
5. All floats are encouraged to have live or recorded music. The music must be an appropriate and non-offensive festive holiday selection.
6. The total dimensions of the float cannot exceed the following measurements: 14 feet wide, 80 feet long, and 14 feet tall.
7. Tow-vehicles must feature lights and be incorporated into the overall theme and design of the entry. Walking units, carriages, etc. must also be lit.
8. Every float and towing apparatus is encouraged to carry a fire extinguisher readily accessible to the operator.
9. Generators or batteries may be used to power lights and/or sound equipment – the energy source must be large enough to safely provide adequate power. Be sure to test your light display before the parade to ensure you have adequate power supply. All entries using generators should attempt to muffle the generator noise so it does not drown out the music. A refill for gasoline for the generators should be available on the float or in the tow vehicle and must be in an approved container.
10. For the safety of all spectators, no candy or other items may be tossed from your float; rather, it may be dispersed by your walker during the parade.
11. Company logos and props cannot be the main focus or theme of the float. However, the entry sponsor’s name should be prominently displayed on the sides of the parade unit.
12. Entries will be lined up in the staging area before the parade on a first-come first serve basis. All entries must be cleared through registration and may enter the staging area (City Maintenance Building and South Main) beginning at 4:15 pm.