Why You Should Make Hartford Home
Do you have a friend that you’ve been trying to convince to move to Hartford? Have your efforts so far fallen on deaf ears? For one reason or another, you’ve been unable to convince them to pull the trigger! If this situation sounds familiar than we have just the remedy for you. Read below for five reasons why your friend should consider moving to Hartford!
- Proximity to Sioux Falls – Did you know that you can reach downtown Sioux Falls in about twenty minutes from Hartford? According to Google Maps – it only takes 22 minutes to reach 8th & Phillips from Hartford! If you’re coming from Harrisburg, Brandon, or Tea to that location, there isn’t much of a time difference – plus from Hartford it’s mostly interstate! To top it off, Hartford is 10 – 15 minutes away from the fastest growing commercial, recreational, and industrial areas in the state. Foundation Park, the USD Discovery District, and the Sanford Sports Complex (Scheels Iceplex, Pentagon, future Great Shots Golf, and more) are all located close to Hartford and are becoming large employment centers.
- Award Winning School District – If you grew up in a small town, then you likely reaped the benefits of small class sizes and attentive teachers. West Central School District offers that and more! With graduating classes averaging in the lower 100’s, West Central is able to offer all of the benefits of a small town school district with none of the drawbacks. Modern facilities, knowledgeable teachers, and an attentive administration allow West Central to provide an excellent education for its students.
- Exceptional Quality of Life – Parks, bike trails, public pool, library, ball fields, and more! If you want or need to use any of those facilities, then you’re in luck! The City of Hartford has invested heavily in quality of life amenities for its residents. From a new library to an expanding bike & rec trails system, the City of Hartford understands the importance of quality of life for its residents. And if you’re looking for medical services, Hartford is home to a dentist, optometrist, Sanford Clinic, several chiropractors, physical therapists, pharmacy, and an assisted living center!
- Fun, Food, and Shopping – Hartford is home to the 18-Hole Central Valley GreatLIFE Golf Club – one of the finest golf courses in the state. You’ll also find both a GreatLIFE gym and locally owned gym (Lemke’s) for all of your wellness needs. After you work out, you might have a craving for something to balance out the healthiness. Buffalo Ridge Brewing, the first operating brewery in Hartford since before prohibition, is opening across from the South Bar in downtown Hartford fall of 2018! If you’re looking for food, you can grab a bite to eat at Blue 42, The GOAT, Pizza Ranch, Stomping Grounds, Subway, or any one of our three convenience stores. Perhaps you’re in the mood for something special. If so, the infamous Hartford Steak Co. Tavern is home to the $8.99 filet mignon meal! You’ll also find a locally owned grocery store (Sunshine Foods), building center/hardware store (Hartford Building Center), and more retail in town. And if you don’t know what type of gift to get someone, check out Knotty Gnome Variety & Salvage for all of your craft needs.
- Great Place to Call Home – Hartford is a growing community of 3,200 just outside of Sioux Falls. Taxes are trending downwards and quality of life upwards. If you’re looking to raise a family or maybe just a couple of dogs, then Hartford might be the place for you. Take a look at one of our realtor’s pages and check out our available housing stock. If you’re looking to build, take a look at this page for more information about our existing or planned developments. If apartments are what you need, take a look at this page for contact information.
If you don’t believe us, take a look at what Jodi Schwan with Sioux Falls.Business
had to say about Hartford. #MakeHartfordHome